In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, and provide anonymous tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file of letters and numbers that is used to distinguish you from another user and enables swift passage from one page to the next on our website.
Cookies help us to provide you with a better user experience when you browse to our website and allow us to improve and tailor the site for you. For example, we measure visitor activity on the website, but we do so in ways that keeps the information anonymous. We use the information that we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different areas of our website, and to help us make the site more useful to you.
To disable cookies your website browser settings needs to be set to reject cookies; this depends on the browser being used. We have provided guidance on how to do this for popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “Tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “Privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “Tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “Privacy”
- Find the menu “Cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files > “Preferences”
- For further assistance please refer to help pages within your browser.
- For more information on cookies please visit: http://ww.allaboutcookies.org